Tuesday, November 17, 2015

STEE Story & Testimony Part II


Since the start of 2015, I was task to start on new initiatives. I was writing proposals to get EIF & E2I fundings.  I was meeting vendors to prepare for demos for ERP 2. I am shaping to be more than a "software leader".

In May 2015, Kok Foong, R&D director, ask me to take part in the STEE BIC (Best Idea Competition) with SNAPi & NOPO Gallery. I wrote the proposal and presented among the CTOs and get through to the finals. It was difficult competition because I am vying against the likes of other BU (InfoSoft, SatCom, T&S, etc). I still remember vividly, before I go for the finals, San Ken told me that just go there play play because it is very difficult to win anything, given the calibre of my components. Feeling confident, when I checked at the end of the day, I have won first place! Even I went to this competition I confessed Ruth 3:18 every night:

Then Naomi said, "Wait, my daughter, until you find out what happens. For the man will not rest until the matter is settled today."

When Edmund whatsapp me on how I fare in the competition. I gleefully replied to say I won. Then he asked consolidation? When. I told him first place, a long silence preluded. When I went back next week, everyone was congratrulating me. This is the first time Services BU have won anything, let alone first prize. San Ken, being dumbfounded, didn't even know say anything or react. Before he went back that day, he just jokingly ask me for 4 number for 4D. Unknowingly, It was an insult! The only con is that the prize money of $5000 can only be presented in the next STEE President Forum scheduled in October 2015. I am thankful for Jesus's finished work in my life. Truly, God like to take the small thing of the world to profound the big things of the world! It was just a small project, which I did it to my very best and with much passion.

In July 2015, just days after I won the competition, I have my annual increment. Much to my disappointment, I only have a meagre increment of $225, probably a C grading. My monthly pay only manage to inch above $7000. I felt insulted and decided maybe my services will have much rewards elsewhere. I began to emboss my resume in Jobstreet. Nevertheless, I still have to wait till October 2015 for the prize money. I remember I went for interviews with CrimsonLogic, Wilmar and Tyco.
I love the Tyco job scope very much but I didn't make the grade. I felt I never really do well in any on the interviews. Till, I believe God will provide a way out and He knows the best for me.

At the end of September 2015, Seow Fen from Jobline called me and asked me if I still interested in the CrimsonLogic job. I replied her that it was always in my impression that I was rejected for the interview because there was no news for so long. Much to my surprise, she said they still remember I won some competition and prize money, and ask me if I have taken the prize money yet. Wow, that is God's making! Naturally, I replied I will be taking soon and a second interview was scheduled shortly. They offered me $8200 without any negotiation as this is what I have put in my application. Seow Fen fight for me to $8400 citing reasons like longer distance and higher transport costs. They agreed almost immediately. Now comes the most difficult part, to stay in STEE or move on to CrimsonLogic.

At first, I was unsure whether to give up the coming 20k bonuses and what I have established here for the new job. Being emotional, I hesistated to sign the new contract, giving STEE chance to counter-offer. But after a long talk to Mr Kang, my option is clear. He would not dare to put me for another promotion, couple with the thoughts of another C+ grading on the horizon, irked me to finally accept the CrimsonLogic offer.

SNAPi was one of the finalists in the SiTF Best Innovation Project (Enterprise) 2015 competition.
http://www.sitfawards.com/cos/o.x?c=/wbn/pagetree&func=view&rid=1257454

We didn't manage to advance to the InnoChamps 2015 finals. It was quite disappointing but overall it was a good experience.

I only have the URA demo left which was done basically on my last working evening. It was a resounding success. Mr Kang and I were the only one doing the talking and the buying in. In the end result is they are very keen to have a contract with us. Thank you Jesus for the success even till the end!




Let us take a look at my pay progression from 99. The Last 3 years has been a period of Grace, on eagles' wings. I came out of STEE with a 50% increment in there 3 years! We are destined to reign in life indeed.

I have learn, if you can see it, God will do it for you. Here is 2 of my next aim:



9 comments:

  1. makemytrip is one of the biggest world wide eCommerce Site so here you will get makemytrip sbi offer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed over read your blog post. Your blog have nice information, I got good ideas from this amazing blog. I am always searching like this type blog post. I hope I will see again.

    Kerala, Karnataka and Tamilnadu 10th result named as sslc result, that here you can find it. - https://sslc-result-nic.in/
    Kerala Board 10th examination result notifications here at sslc result 2017 kerala - http://keralasslcresult2017.in/

    TN Board release 10th result here on sslc result 2017 tamilnadu - http://tn-sslcresult.in/
    Maharashtra Board publishing 10th result and 12th here ssc result 2017 maharashtra - http://mahsscresult.in/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well written and useful stuff you share with us. I want more this kind of information from you.....

    All Indian SSC(10th) Results publishing here ssc result 2017 - http://ssc-result-nic.in/ and all HSC(12th) publishing here hsc result 2017 - http://hsc-result-nic.in/ also all inermediate results here intermediate result 2017 - http://intermediate-result.in/

    Indian Super League and knock out tournament Live fixtures, time table and results Isl 2017 standings - http://isl2017.in/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its very much nice to get details of IPL: IPL 2018 This give us complete details

    Nice to hear from you :IPL 2018 Live Streaming For all types of informations

    Good and information details of IPL is avialable follows : Indian Premier League 2018

    The live telecast of IPL is now on : Indian Premier League 2018 Live Streaming. Please watch & relax

    Nice to watch IPL live :IPL Live Streaming by just clicking this link

    The live show of IPL 2018 now on Indian Premier League Live Streaming. Please watch

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will get the old lottery result of Sambad on our finger tip :Lottery Sambad old result through clicking this link

    Nice to get the old lottery result of Nagaland: Nagaland Lotteries old result on this click

    Easy to access the old result of Lottery for Sikkim: Sikkim Lotteries old result by just clicking on this link

    The old lottery result of the Mizoram are as follows : Mizoram Lotteries old result

    ReplyDelete

  6. Flipkart SBI Offer 2019: 10% Instant Cashback.
    Flipkart Discount Offers
    Flipkart Cashback offers on Watches
    Flipkart citi bank Cashback offers
    Flipkart hdfc Cashback offers
    Flipkart offers
    Flipkart SBI Offer
    Flipkart Axis Bank offer
    Flipkart HDFC EMI Offers
    flipkart hdfc debit pre approved,
    Flipkart SBI Offer May 2019: Grab 10% Offer on SBI Cards,
    Grab Cashback - Up to 80% Off at Flipkart SHOP NOW,
    Weekend Bonanza Up to 80% Off. Shop Now,
    ICICI debit card EMI offers - Flipkart,
    Debit card EMI facility - Flipkart,
    Flipkart SBI Offer May 2019: Grab 10% Offer on SBI Cards,
    Flipkart HDFC Offer 15 -19 May 2019: Grab 10% Offer On HDFC,
    Flipkart HDFC EMI offers,
    Grab Cashback - Up to 50% Off at Flipkart SHOP NOW,
    Inspiron i3 laptops Up to Rs 3,000 Extra Off. Shop Now
    Weekend Bonanza Up to 80% Off. Shop Now,
    10% Instant Discount* with HDFC Bank Debit and Credit at Flipkart,
    Flipkart HDFC Offer (15-19 May) – Extra 10% Off on HDFC Credit,
    TV & appliances Sale (Axis Bank Offer) - Flipkart,
    Clarence won't be home for lunch,
    Monsoon Offers on Home Appliances Flipkart,
    10% Off on All Cards on Home Appliances - Flipkart,
    Diwali Festive Sale from 9pm - Flipkart,
    Flat Rs. 4000 instant discount on transactions made using- Flipkart,
    No Cost EMI available on Credit Cards Valid till 10 January ... - Flipkart,
    Cashless Pay Store - Flipkart,
    10% Instant Discount on SBI Credit Cards - Flipkart,
    flipkart samsung carnival,
    10% Off on purchase of Fashion, Home & Furniture and - Flipkart,
    Rs.2000 Cashback on HDFC Bank Debit and Credit Cards ... - Flipkart,
    Ganesh Chaturthi Festive Offers - Flipkart,
    flipkart rakhi home store,
    Extended Warranty on Appliances - Flipkart,
    SBI Debit Card Offer - Flipkart,
    Offer Details,
    EMI on Debit Cards - Flipkart,
    Air purifiers Offers - Flipkart,
    Honor Mobiles Day - Flipkart,
    Explore New & Latest Mobiles of this season - Flipkart,
    HDFC Debit Cards - Flipkart,
    Top selling Latest Mobiles - Flipkart,
    ICICI Debit Cards - Flipkart
    Axis Bank Debit Card - Flipkart,
    Top selling Latest Mobiles - Flipkart,
    Clarence won't be home for lunch.
    Flipkart axis bank offer
    Flipkart SBI Offer
    Flipkart hdfc Offer
    Flipkart citibank Offer
    Flipkart debit Offer
    Flipkart credit Offer
    Flipkart ICICI Offer
    Flipkart ICICI Offer

    ReplyDelete